One thing that was clear at our Braided Hui last year is that those who are no longer connected to the Christian Tradition feel there is very few places for them to connect with the Sacred as a group. On the whole the Churches seem uninterested in connecting with the “80%”, many of who used to grace their doors.
One suggestion is to start celebrating our southern seasons – and the first planned one is below.
The event below is not going ahead, we are instead encouraging people to go to the one mentioned in comments below.
There are a few things other things the planning group is hoping to do. One of which is to test if there is energy:
- Petition to Parliament about chaplaincy being widened out of traditional church bases – Rosemary
- Thanks Briefing to Minister of Health about spirituality and health -Richard
- Apply to PAC for funding for next stage of the project, to get someone into the health promotion unit.
- We need to focus on people who are disenfranchised from traditional religion – maybe have conversations with church and faith leaders?
- Paying attention to networking in Chch and around country
- FETZER research – Richard to follow up about replicating it in NZ
You can unsubscribe if you are no longer interested in having this news, or use this link http://eepurl.com/dDIFvL for friends to sign up to the newsletter